Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Some Good Finds...

I have been stumbling across so many share-worthy reads online in recent weeks that I thought I’d start attempting to share them here.   Enjoy!
 
            Just in case I’m not the only one who struggles with feeling like my parenting and teaching efforts are inadequate.
 
            Absolute must read for anyone homeschooling or considering homeschooling.  And then bookmark it.   And refer back to it often.  (I just did.  We had one of these mornings in my house today…)
 
            Wonderful scheduling post from an experienced CM mom.  Our schedule works similarly to what she describes here.  Worth considering if the “school at home” model isn’t working for you.
 
            I’ve seen these titles mentioned so often in traditional classical and AO circles that I think I may make this my next educational philosophy reading list…after I finish the 20 Principles Study and Poetic Knowledge, that is.  Have you read any of them?  (I did read Abolition of Man in college, but honestly can’t remember what I may have taken away from it…a re-reading is in order, methinks.)
 
            This was another encouraging read, especially when feeling that pressure that not sending our children to a school with a traditional classroom set-up is somehow a disadvantage to them.  It’s not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment