Michelle, Age 6-1/2
1. Practicing the cursive letters I had trouble with.
2. Changing the cards that have the French words of "yesterday", "today", and "tomorrow" ("hier", "aujourd-hui", and "demain") on our calendar.
3. I read in the Christian Liberty Nature Reader about flies, wasps, and butterflies.
4. We read about Penelope and Ulysses. Ulysses dressed up like a ragged beggar so that no would know who he was. But when he shook off the rags, he was in his normal clothes. (from "Penelope's Web", a re-telling of a Greek legend, from James Baldwin's Thirty Famous Stories.)
|Once again, Michelle wanted to show you her cursive paper. If I didn't know better, I'd say she's kind of proud of having learned cursive. (Sorry about the weird cropping job, by the way.)|
1. I did letters with you: a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k.....
2. We also did big letters: K and P and A
3. We played a math game with the orange bars and the green bars. (Mama's note: The game came from MEP, but we used the green and orange Math U See bars as our game pieces because that's what we had handy!)
4. We read Le Bateau Arrive!
|Favorite French book of the week!|
Bonus: Elizabeth, Age 2
In case you ever wondered what she does during school time....
(It was cute until she started cutting up James' alphabet flash cards. Oops.)
Hope you've had a good start to your learning week too!