I've finally had time to sit down and articulate some of the things I would like to work on in our family during this coming year. It's a rather long list, and I may not get to all of them this year. And that's OK! Accomplishing at least some of these things will be good. And I figure better than having them swirl around in my head driving me crazy. =) So, in no particular order, here they are:
- Work on specific areas of habit/character training. (I have them listed in my personal record, but would rather not publically elaborate on my children's faults. I mean, you wouldn't like it if I wrote about your faults on my public blog, now would you?!)
- Establish helping with cooking as part of our chore routine.
- Establish a dinner clean-up job for each person as part of our chore routine. (We already do this at breakfast and lunch.)
- Re-establish weekly or biweekly family activity nights.
- Continue to read about whole foods diets and preparation and incorporate those things that I feel will be beneficial to our family into my cooking practice.
- Increase protein content and decrease carbs in our breakfast and snacks.
- Plan ahead for meals on Sundays.
- Incorporate some form of strengthening and conditioning exercise into my routine.
- Establish some computer usage boundaries.
- Keep better records (hence, this blog)
- Do nature study more regularly.
- Brainstorm (and implement!) specific ways that I can support Dan in the issues he struggles with.
- Be more intentional and united in our parenting and family disucssions.
- Study Scriptures and pray daily over areas of sin that are a struggle for me. (I know what these are!)