Wednesday, March 16, 2016

From My Commonplace: On Going Home

"It seemed as though he were never able to forget his ultimate purpose and goal – he was going home; home to his own master, home where he belonged, and nothing else mattered.  This lodestone of longing, this certainty, drew him to lead his companions ever westward through wild and unknown country, as unerringly as a carrier pigeon released from an alien loft."  (p.52)
 
~Sheila Burnford, The Incredible Journey
 
 



 
 
My Bookbag This Week:
Devotional: The Daily Office Lectionary Readings and Prayers from The Trinity Mission
 The Cloud of Witness (Gell)
 A Sacrifice of Praise (poetry anthology, edited by Trott)
 The Rising: Living the Mysteries of Lent, Easter, and Pentecost (Wright)
Theological: The Screwtape Letters (Lewis)
AO Book Discussion Group: Paradise Lost (Milton)
Personal Choice: The Clockwork Universe (Dolnick)
With my Hubby: Pride and Prejudice (Austen)
Family Read-Aloud Literature: The Wouldbegoods (Nesbit)
 
*I am also reading Scouting the Divine (Feinburg) with a women's group at church and Charlotte Mason's Volume 6 for a local CM book club, but these meetings are infrequent and so I just read the brief section assigned as our meetings come up.  They aren't really part of my regular reading rotation as the rest of these are.
 
** Yes.  My hubby is actually reading Pride and Prejudice with me.  And enjoying it....
 
 



 
 
 
Click Here for more Words
 

No comments:

Post a Comment